Back in PA, we've had some of our favorite people visiting, and have begun to settle in.
I had decorated for Christmas prior to leaving but we still needed our Christmas tree. It was a warm winter day and we had a ton of fun. (Nicholas slept the whole time in the bjorn.)
Lukas has Charlie-brown taste in trees...
If you know Lukas, you know that this head tilt indicates that he's giving his dissertation on why this may just be the perfect tree.
Lukas got the sawing started for Daddy
Second cousin Mason came for a visit :) He's about three weeks older than Nicholas and it was very hard to get a good picture of these two squirmy boys!!
"don't squeeze so tight"
Prepping some Christmas treats with my favorite big boy:
Lukas got some great puzzles this year:
All in all, we've adapted pretty easily to our new lives. We're only a little sleep deprived and the extreme abundance of cuteness, hugs and kisses, seems to get us through. Mike and I are happily learning to handle two kids and Lukas has gracefully adapted to being a big brother. He hasn't shown too many signs of jealousy. However, I thought this was funny. See below for one of his best drawings ever. As I was oozing with pride, I asked who it was. Thinking this is baby Nicholas being swaddled, or even better baby Jesus?? Oh no -- this toddler remains egocentric, naming this work of art, "me wrapped like a baby."
In summary, there is no place like home. We're happy to be here, loving all these precious moments!
No comments:
Post a Comment