Friday, October 31, 2014

October

This month has been full of fun.  While Mike and I have been busy at work, prepping for the adoption, updating the home study which expires just 4 days after the baby's due date, etc etc, Lukas has been busy cruising towards his fourth birthday.  He makes us laugh so much and has new interests and curiosities everyday.
 
Taking after Uncle Matt, here he is smashing cars in the vice.  He has also spent most of the last month walking around with a piece of sandpaper in his hand, sanding the paint off all his toy cars.  We have no idea what sparked this new passion but it's been fun
 



He has also expanded his art - now he's doing Glitter too.  And, he's doing really well with writing his letters these days.  You may also notice that he got new glasses - WOW I had no idea how often a kid's prescription could change!  So, now he has bifocals!!  The good news is, his eye turn at distance is completely gone!  The bad news is, the eye turn at near vision is still present.  We are still patching 30 minutes per day and hoping that the bifocal will correct his vision sufficiently that at our next visit we might get to discontinue patching.  Dr McManaway says he might be in bifocals til he's 9 years old, or maybe forever.  He does not feel Lukas needs surgery any time soon; so that is the best news.
 



(The second line is written by Lukas, the first by daddy)

Here we are carving a pumpkin.  As usual, I made sure to let Lukas actually do most of the project.  I definitely am not one of those parents who will be doing the assignment for their child so that it looks "better."  I think Luke's work here is fantastic, and it's a true testament to his abilities!  The part I helped the most with was I cut the lid completely on my own with a large knife and then I cleaned most of the inside out, but then he did the rest virtually all by himself.  I only helped by holding the pumpkin still!

 

 
 
 


 
 
Trick or treating with the neighbors (Joe, Emma, Abby (left to right)).  Vivian and Lilian joined us later (in the subsequent pictures).  These days, the kids are Lukas' favorite playmates, he's often telling me how he likes them more than me!  Lukas is a T-Rex if you can't tell.  He picked this costume because "it's really scary but I'm not scared of it."

 
 


 
Watching "room on the broom"

The preschool parade:

 


As usual, great memories!




















No comments:

Post a Comment