This year Lukas is in the 4's class three days a week at Derry Preschool. Most of the kids in his class are a little older than him but he seems to be doing well. His teachers have stopped Mike, Jess and I on separate occasions to praise his artwork and say he's "the best" artist in the class! He continues to wear his eye patch and glasses. He bikes almost everywhere and is always jumping off of something.
So, here are some funny and cute pictures from the past month:
He's been playing with the neighbors (Abby, Emma and Joe) a lot lately also. Here they are playing the "egg" game, which they made up.
Lukas has also started saying some pretty funny (aka annoying) things! First, he started calling me "Moms" for some reason! LOL. I don't know where this kid gets this stuff.
We've been disciplining him more lately and he's been learning about "consequences" ... but it's not really going that well.... Because he is constantly negotiating. He'll ask me what "privileges" he's going to lose, (ie chocolate treats, tv, or playing with friends) and then how long (all day or just for a little while). He'll sometimes decide, "I'm fine with that." ...so, it doesn't seem very effective!!
Finally, this story is just too funny not to tell... So, we have been working on Lukas writing his letters since the beginning of summer. He can write his name reasonably well now. And one day, while Mike and I were both at work, Jess started working on some new letter writing with him. Ultimately, she told him the letters in "I love Mom" and "I love Dad" and he wrote out two papers with these messages on them, one for each of us: (sorry it's sideways, and the V in love is upside down, on the bottom line there is an unknown shape and then an upside down M followed by a right side up M and an O)
HEHEHEHE!
I thought that was a pretty clever come back and wasn't mad. Plus, I've been getting a lot of laughs out of friends and coworkers when I've shared this story! He is a clever little booger, I gotta give him that!
Well, there are countless moments these days where he surprises us with a new phrase or something that sounds too intelligent for his age. He's head strong and exhausting but also curious, hilarious and adorable. We are having a blast!








No comments:
Post a Comment