This week it just so happens that Jess is out of town and Mike is particularly busy. Futhermore, our heat pump was getting replaced monday through wednesday so our basement (where the playroom is located!) was off limits and full of loud demolition and installation sounds.
So, my hats are off to Mom's who do this everyday of the week, month and year, but I've been busy being a stay at home Mom and wife this week without much help. So far, so good.
Monday, we were literally outside for more than half the day. Lukas was full of ideas for things to do...
First, we went to Shank park for a "nature walk to hunt for mooses." Then we practiced the 50 yard dash (the weekend prior Lukas was entered in his first race, but was too shy to run, so we're acclimating him to the area before next weekend's race.) Next, we went to Cocoa Castle (I don't have any pics from there). And then to Bullfrog Valley park, for another nature walk and to look at the ducks.
"maybe this is a little tiny mouse's home"
Tuesday it got cold and rainy so we headed to the Strasburg Railroad. I wanted to go here once, before the big Thomas the Train events next month, to see if it was worth it or not. Definitely YES. So much fun.
Lukas handed the tickets to the Conductor!
Admiring other trains with graffiti on them:
The steam hitting the cold air on this dreary day was really neat looking.
I posted this picture on FB and some others noticed this neat looking Angel in the steam, do you see it!?
The Railroad Museum
The play area was really neat too
Finally, we have also found a new favorite movie - I highly recommend it for all you Moms out there - Walking with Dinosaurs - it was awesome!!
Cooking dinner - Lukas wanted to help, which isn't anything unusual. But, it tested my patience more than usual. I was thinking I should offer this as a public service announcement for young mothers... as we parent infants we look forward to the days when they will be able to do things for themselves; but we have no idea that it might be just as exhausting to have an insistingly independent 'big boy' who will not allow help. Here is is cutting a pepper and then cutting a hotdog. The hotdog situation was hilarious: about every thirty seconds "ouch, ouch" (cutting himself w the butter knife) and then, "oops I dropped one... is it clean enough to eat?" Ahh... patience is a virtue.
Ok, TV time is up, I gotta go :)
Hugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment