Sunday, July 21, 2013

Quotes of the week

"What's 'today' mean?"
I pride myself on teaching him the truth, my answers are as factual as possible and it's often more of a challenge than I expected months ago before he started asking "why."  But this was one of the toughest!!

"You've got to be kidding me, Mommy"
He's been saying this basically everyday.
{I'm not sure who he got it from but I'd like to wring their neck!} 

"Time to hit the road"
Then when I repeated after him and said, "hit the road, Jack," he replied:
"My name is not Jack, I am Lukas Franklin Pfeiffer."

Mike said "Jake is coming" regarding a get together we're having and Lukas chimes in,"Jake is coming?" I ask him to repeat it thinking he doesn't know Jake, and he clarifies, "Jake and the Neverland Pirates?", I say, "No not that Jake, one of daddy's friends," and he says "Jake helped build the new deck, the other Jake has to stay home in Neverland." Yes sir, correct on both accounts! 

"I've got a hangnail."
This one is not new I just had forgotten it before and think it'll be funny in 10 years. He is obsessed w hangnails!

"This stupid thing won't work"

We were taking about thunder and I explained where it comes from, then he reminds me, "thunder can't talk", true kid, thanks.
 
"Mommy, Ruby can't talk, remember?"
"She just barks."

"Poop smells bad." (You're just now realizing this?!)

On a hill today stroller running, "are you getting really tired mommy?" Yes sir, I am. "You can take a nap in my bed when we get home."  Then 10 minutes later, another hill where I stop to walk this time, "why are you going so slow?" 

"...also,..."  as in, "We also need to get..." (BIG BOY.)

"Be careful next to the edge, Daddy!!  I worry about you!"

 


No comments:

Post a Comment