I'll bookend this post with a few other fun things; Lukas' first time sledding and meeting PopPop's bird. But, this weekend we went to the Aquarium and it was awesome. Also, I warn you that at the bottom of this post is some serious Mommy bragging, so if you don't want to hear it, stop after the bird pictures ;-)!!
~ Sledding ~
The Baltimore Aquarium, 2/1/13
Visit to the Great Grandparents
My Special Boy
So I'm sure a lot of parents think their kid is the best. And I'll freely admit that he has plenty of annoying moments. But, he really is so smart and we are just so proud of him. He's talking a little above average and that's great. But, the thing he just seems freakishly smart with is puzzles. So, he got 9 puzzles for Christmas and although it seemed on the very first day that he was a little slow with them, everyone who watched him do one realized he had an uncanny attention span when working on them, for his age. So, he seemed to get the hang of it pretty quick (within a week) and I know I've posted several other pictures of him proudly in front of several small puzzles. So then in mid-Jan we bought him a 32 peice red barn/farm puzzle. He loves animals and this seemed like something he could do. Now, in about two weeks time, he can get the whole thing done without any assistance... in 7 minutes. Yes, I've timed him... because I thought it was pretty fast but then I thought I am just a crazy Mom so let me time him... 7 minutes. So, I want to see what this kid can do. So we just bought him a 100 peice safari puzzle. We just attempted it today, and I admit to helping him with about 15 peices. I also arranged things so he could find like peices and talked him through it pretty heavily - BUT, he did the whole thing in about an hour!!! He is incredible! Here's the proof:
| After about 30 minutes, he'd done about 1/3 of it |
| Then he ran around for a few minutes and got his second puzzle wind |
| The last couple pieces! |
| Almost as proud of himself as we are of him! |
This is unbelievable. You're totally within your right to brag. Seriously?! The kid's got a longer attention span than I do! (Plus, he's just so darn cute :o)...
ReplyDeletehehehe thanks Suz! :)
ReplyDeletePuzzle master! That is truly incredible. I love your blog and am so happy to see photos of him with Grandma and your Grandparents. It warms my heart.
ReplyDelete