And then we went on that road trip, the topic of our most recent blog post. Did I mention that he got out of the pack-n-play every night during that trip? Well the first night home, which I might remind you that Mike was still in Pittsburgh then, he got out of the crib! Around midnight, I awake to his cute little self tapping me on the shoulder at the side of our bed. Startled, I realized he must've gotten out gracefully since I didn't hear him on the monitor... So I promptly brought him back to his crib, explained the situation like the rational mommy that I am, and walk away... I wasn't halfway down the hall when I heard him fall. But, he only cried a few minutes and that was it. The next day he seemed fine, and we went to the park with his buddy Evan and even rode bikes in the afternoon. I am not exxagerating when I say he fell 4 times that day, and really didn't cry much. Then the day after that, we went for our usual morning walk and he wouldn't let me hold his hand to cross the street. When we got home he held his wrist funny and that's when I knew I had to call.
Here he is in the Radiology office (left) where he raced me in the halls ("set, go!") awaiting our Xrays. Then the Pediatrician sent us to the Orthopedics office (right) where the secretary asked "what's the reason for your appointment" and I said, "he broke his arm" she was completely surprised. At any rate, the Orthopedist set him up with a long arm cast for the next 3 weeks and that was it!
On our way home the Dr's office, all he said was, "walk, walk, walk".
So, that's what we did.
There's just something about the sunlight in this picture
| yummy! raw corn on the cob |
That's my handsome devil
There's obviously no reason to stop doing any of the things he used to do ;)
| "head-band" |
~ Our Big Boy ~
Many thanks to Grandma and Pop for dropping their plans and bringing up his new bed!
In short, he's survived his first major injury... and so have we. It is still a time of transition, and he's not sleeping as well as he used to, but truly I think it's been tougher on me than him. The phrase "kids are resilient" doesn't begin to explain Luke Frank!
This is great to know. Little Ms. Abi can easily escape a pack and play, but is still sleeping in her crib. She either hasn't tried or hasn't been succesful at escaping her crib. Reading this makes me think I need to go ahead and convert her crib into a toddler bed sooner rather than later. My selfish concern is that the transition will mean interrupted sleep for mommy and daddy. But alas, a broken bone would be far worse than a few nights of interrupted sleep. Is he staying in his bed better now?
ReplyDelete