I think we've shared lately that Lukas has taken to walking. And although we happen to think he's advanced in more than one department, I seriously want to ask the Pediatrician if it's normal for a 21 month old to walk 1/3 -1/2 a mile twice a day and sometimes a whole mile!? He keeps a decent pace but stops a lot to point and stare at trucks, cars, vans, houses, planes overhead and construction equipment. It's hilarious and awesome. I am getting in shape, thanks to my toddler, how sad is that? At any rate, it really seems to be something he loves. This morning, for instance, he asked to go for a walk before breakfast. He just kept asking. I tried to explain why he needed to eat first for his energy and somehow I thought he'd be 3 or 4 before we had to go through that argument! Obviously, we have no idea which traits will carry on to adulthood, but if Lukas does turn out to be a long distance runner, there is no doubt about the fact that I will be telling the story of him walking his first mile when he was 21 months old!
Here he is, looking particularly exhausted after a full mile around the neighborhood with Aunt Jessie! You'll also notice, that no matter how tired he is when we get home, he almost always still goes straight for his bike and tries to play some more..... Mommy wants to go take a rest.
Today: Down at the creek by the Star Barn - we've done this several times now too; he picks up the rocks and rearranges them in the creek. Last week we saw a snake here, then a frog the next time. Today just a lot of goose feathers and poop. He and Ruby both love this place!
I've taught him that his "skull is as hard as a rock" and when I say that phrase he knocks on his head like this:
I just love this one!
Oh, I love the creek pictures! Such a thoughtful little guy. And this is funny that your Luke is a long-distance-guy, Allie was doing sprint intervals running with her baby in the stroller back and forth in the kitchen last week (I've been mixing up our stroller runs, apparently she's paid attention). Between the two of them, we've almost got the Summer Olympics covered :o).
ReplyDeleteThanks Suz! So adorable, I'd love to see her sprinting, I can hear it in my mind ;)! And it is becoming sooo true - they pay attention to Everything! Lukas said "dang-it" twice this week!! Totally awesome that they are both budding athletes also, love it :)
ReplyDelete