Well this has been some summer. First Mike's graduation and multiple celebrations which were the topics of previous posts. And then part time came for Mary. Finally, things seem to be settling down and we're having a lot of fun family time. Little things mostly, but here are a few of the more fun things recently!
Wintrode Reunion 2012
Hosted this year by Kim and Suz, it was a wonderful get-together with perfect attendance. The highlight, as usual, were the Grandkids... see for yourself ;)
| Alice, Allie and Lukas |
| The Wintrode Great-Grandkids (sorry 2 are sleeping :)) |
________________________________________________
The Pfeiffer Engagement Party
So, for those of you who haven't had the pleasure, the Pfeiffer side of the family has a habit of writing email chains that are hilarious and usually have a very special and beloved way of preparing us all for an event. They're like a pep-rally of sorts. So, everyone wanted to hear Jen and Matt's engagement story so a party was planned, and the emails began. Unfortunately, not everyone could attend. But, the guests of honor did not disappoint. Full with slide show and reenactment, the story was told... bigger and better than ever before. The pictures from that day weren't really that good, but they give you an idea:
| In case you can't tell here, Mike is pretending to be Jennie |
| So in love... |
So, obviously, some fun was had by all. And now the Pfeiffer's know the story of how Matt asked Jennie to marry him :) !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, and I dont know if you remember me worrying about him not scribbling around 13 months. Well, I was. Silly me. Now, he scribbles all over creation. Fortunately I buy all washable stuff. He loves markers. And, I just found out, he also loves glue. This was our first craft project and although I'm quite certain I enjoyed it more than he did, he sure did like the glue :)!
But, his truest love, these days anyway, is trucks. We have a book of them and now there is some construction going on in our neighborhood. So, we take our walks by the trucks and point and stare. Today Lukas decided to sit down and watch for a while. There was a nice old guy driving that yellow thing and he kept waving at Luke, it was cute. This is new sidewalk that was just poured also, so the bed of rocks underneath was exposed and LFP was picking them out and having some fun with them too.
So apparently this kid likes to walk. Walk Walk Walk, he clings to the door knob... it's really quite cute, and I'm really quite proud. My budding long distance runner, Luke Frank!!
Oh, and I dont know if you remember me worrying about him not scribbling around 13 months. Well, I was. Silly me. Now, he scribbles all over creation. Fortunately I buy all washable stuff. He loves markers. And, I just found out, he also loves glue. This was our first craft project and although I'm quite certain I enjoyed it more than he did, he sure did like the glue :)!
But, his truest love, these days anyway, is trucks. We have a book of them and now there is some construction going on in our neighborhood. So, we take our walks by the trucks and point and stare. Today Lukas decided to sit down and watch for a while. There was a nice old guy driving that yellow thing and he kept waving at Luke, it was cute. This is new sidewalk that was just poured also, so the bed of rocks underneath was exposed and LFP was picking them out and having some fun with them too.
And, here's my favorite saying of late,
Lukas Franklin, official mess-maker of the Olympic Games...
Ok, that's all for now folks. 'Til next time ...
Thank you MaryEllen for keeping this awesome blog. I am enjoying the pictures and commentary very much. The Pfeiffer Family reunion looks and sounds like it was a huge success and it is so nice for all the members to be able to get together to celebrate. I think my favorite pic is Luke watching the heavy trucks at the construction site! Congratulations to Matt and Jen, I look forward to hearing more of the plans as they unfold:)
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome, Mom :)! I'm glad you enjoy it all, I really have fun putting it together and it really doesnt take that long. Since I do it when the memories are all fresh, I think it's really going to be a nice keepsake. The construction sites are awesome and he really loves it. Today we went out walking and basically followed the trash truck all over the neighborhood. Too funny, that kid.
ReplyDelete