Thursday, September 21, 2023

A New Year

Summer 2023 came to a close and while August was overall a very tough time for our family, there were lots of happy moments too as we prepared for the transition back to school.  It seemed like everyone in the neighborhood was done with traveling, so there was lots of time for play dates — many that lasted through group lunches or dinners and on. Nick remains in his cooking hyperfocus, so we're doing a lot of that.  Plus, we enjoyed a campfire too, some science experiments, helped wash Beth's car and went to the playground.  Cross country and football also started before school so Lukas got busy quick!  

This year Lukas is in 7th grade and then we have 3-2-1 at the Elementary school!  The first day went smoothly.  We spent the Labor day Friday off at Lake Tobias and then had Grandma and Pop up for a quick visit.... oh and let's not forget about King Cliffy ;)  We did an adoption family camp reunion at the Palmer's house in York and the kids and grown-ups had fun reconnecting and extending the support and friendship into the regular year.  
I’ve been busy with appointments for the kids and myself; laughing gas and fillings, therapy and regular checkups. I’m back to running and also seeing a personal trainer which has been a great gift to myself that I’m cherishing, and I have my eyes on a spring marathon. I’ve also been volunteering with Safe families and just took a new friend to a local food pantry for the first time, which was a huge blessing to us both as she got needed resources and I am expanding my sense of community and learned so much in a fun hands-on way. I also spend a lot of time researching and we’re signing up for some new programs that will hopefully help us understand and harness the big emotions that we’ve been experiencing here lately. 

So far, the hardest part of going back to school has been the homework.  And the best part has been remembering how to do third grade math… oops no not that… I mean the best part has been watching everyone get stronger, mentally and physically. Luke's athleticism sure continues to blossom!  He's certainly my vote for MVP on his football team so far, as he has scored almost all the touchdowns and pulled at least half the flags.  No downpour can stop that kid.  And his 2-mile cross country time has already come down by over 90 seconds on the second meet :)  He's having fun and juggling it all pretty well.  I guess we all are. 
Here are the highlights! 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Ex57IbILPcLXGY8rimRkgcIgKTOfQZ2F
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1juQwGvfnpXqfX0RwR_ch1RcnoiDkZK2X
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1xd3K91OJiKj-mteUzwIzmnSMqoZu9uft
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1IzDC5OjXm2btTA8uBNK-xVeVNI5-6eUE
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1zOdhAv2Mpjm3oKAoa4IM6ljNnpt2ZF4d
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1crlG0T_vzAcT5XRzptzUdmnAXFaCdOzq
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1eR5OvkG82hPTT5YtrOQu2CL89ORYoVTo
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1J9q0AwLcloYYrykmnpgdQcYe5oe30uK6
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1D_DLQOF1K8tYpi1C53JllvDxmJzY5H_W
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1syLOXme_sEZf1xFKEtBTl7g6dcWOvIWd

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=17aVM93kCZt6a_XYkNl_-IQxymfcER6ny
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=18KSynEQiETkjC0sXgZQyJFKCRoyCyKJ-
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1lp5NmtKLOpo50IVxhU8JnXJjMg9t9IxU
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1OODYvEVoNohnDfXBiTNeqMjGHX5FQBYn

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=11APisQfMQ42SzahiXCgOmug--Qt73mxn
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ETO7mzRqBT7Lyw9mz2WDdWkvMJ7WJ9Xy
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1EiurEal6jrkuECAYOWZP6uLwU_yjeiJb
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1RTFRJw4VE6c7gXGG6CIj0VtrY17EAR9p
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=13CDQMz2_63T0TTybyFdklNUisN6E18ou
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1j1dzmUU9jn6au3rUvxQW7F2HfhP_MJAi
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1oEE_tQvm24yONtIvIECecbyD4Nj64WyY
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1INXdUFP0nmjt1MSztO5g5mx6j87PFHlq
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=150VuQij4gRYO3AHbaz1wlFZEom5AOa5S
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1gkuvi0P6IyCmEskzdzBw5QBpZFAyDeZN

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=10uHH11y6jP7mkJniGGAVPilC3_AG2mO1
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1KX698rwis9sHWAblbqqueSVk6rP43709
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1b6NflMV1evKN3uczFTevBorzYMUif0gz
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=17DqCdf_RSzBIEcrApydhBxDJ033d-Gia
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1qTXoek5ZTZQ0G6jIE1cLUiQ5LZHz1wgA
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1jnp6ovJwVZ9ciAMFU6BG72ZGic6Jf9NX
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=159jhwIc4eGdQX-2E7NHz_jDXnfRYW4zv
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1aWg0rNYsW0OI5aJ_HIrTvCXTJ3O-ZRqB
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1yUk1FeZyRdl8kRHLEEu3FBCn8hDrim_5
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=17H_Haq55rOkUPctAHX_eSYiphLRalKq8

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1sf2QE8FMPJy4h7e4lQRYiJ4UX0SLCoBV
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1cJg1fgTM-ADyShuuOs3qwmkAJc80exee
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1jfpKRrCwBZ0ATe0C0SIXjPzkKl8ZSLRQ
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1xLY0vTaWenVXFqVgXDGZZXxNLLHe7j3l
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1RdfsDIubvincyzJ36PrFCYwF9CFZHK4N
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1q7jvB1uyQaoT9vERW5TAX4ySb-9Ne1Up
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1aljBH07N6mDqSbaMUAyVVaqXC6Te__xP
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1oV6w5shC4X6nP6wwaoVI14n8N7DLuAtq
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1M96vlEVg9QNlbvr8t93FXd1dGHAtt4IL
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1MtjKNSlYQGsy5wXNuFXiOJuu1liOcYyc

No comments:

Post a Comment