Friday, October 22, 2021

The Appalachian Trail

Since settling in Central Pennsylvania ~15 years ago, I’ve enjoyed easy assess to the Appalachian trail as one of many highlights of living here! Since resigning over 3 months ago, it’s been on my list to get up there, alone. So this week I made it happen, and as expected it was spiritually renewing, but also downright difficult. I went to an access point we’d never been to, right off the highway and down at the rivers edge so the first mile was just plain up, lots of rocks and using my hands. Then I was at what felt like the top of Peter’s Mountain for the rest of the hike, still very rocky.  I went out 3 and back 3, stopping often for pictures or snacks. It was strenuous, chilly and gorgeous! I can’t wait to go back with Mike and Lukas! Not sure if the little guys are ready for it or not.  Here are a few glimpses of the trail, vistas and me.





That’s my red expedition in the parking lot right by the bridge over the Susquehanna below. 










This reminded me of Pride Rock 




















THANKFUL!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment