I'm trying to stay in the regular habit of blogging. These pictures of dyeing Easter eggs are from a few weeks back, right before the quarantine began actually. I wanted to do them early, and probably more than once, since we weren't going to be home for Easter. All that's changed now; we've cancelled our trip but I guess that's all the more reason to dye eggs again sometime soon. We used brown eggs which had an interesting effect on the dye colors, making it even easier to imagine that they were reptile or dinosaur eggs.
Here's a "Jurassic world" multi-page art mostly made by Jacob adorning our kitchen! :)
Virtual Piano lessons on Zoom!
Last fall I may have told you that we found a baby snapping turtle in the window well and butchered it as a family science lesson while dad was at work one Saturday? Well, we were pretty excited to have our very own turtle shell and kept it on the porch until recently. It had gotten pretty stinky so I brought it out to the garden hoping it would get cleaned out there but unfortunately, someone found it and turned it into a chew toy! I couldn't be mad at her though when I captured this adorable picture of her and her spunk! And look at ole Ruby, she's still got it too :)
Love this picture of my cuties. We had some serious fun exploring on the other side of the creek this Sunday. Always an adventure around here.
Reflecting on these past couple weeks of quarantine, I wasn't sure what to call this blog or how to describe this time. Although work has been busier and more stressful than ever for both Mike and I, there's no denying the fact that this stay-at-home life has really slowed the pace of things quite a bit. Our life has been simplified and is quieter. Of course, the kids aren't exactly quiet, but without play-dates or friends over, no leaving for preschool, piano, choir or church, there is definitely a different pace. They're doing tons of art and building forts and leaving toys out from day to day; it's like a really chilly and slow paced summer break. We've also had a good bit of rain and on those rainy days, the kids tend to stay in their pajamas all day long which always secretly makes me smile and feel thankful that they get this time to really enjoy being a kid.
Mike and I are doing fine although there's no doubt that our work is an entirely new kind of tiring; this is a longer stretch of emotional exhaustion than I can recall in a while. Recently, I've been given a fun new assignment to work on physician staffing during surge and crisis over the coming weeks and months and it's an exciting challenge. I'm working with an old group of friends from my old job and delegating most of my patient safety work which is awkward but going generally fine. The system I work for has now had about 40 cases in total and just recently NYC crested Italy in their tally of cases which is definitely increasing anxieties here in our central PA communities.
To spruce things up a bit this week, we've decided that we need to do our part to support the local restaurants and are trying to order more take-out! All in all, we're doing well but holding on tight for the rollercoaster that might be about to begin.
Sending love and hugs you're way.
No comments:
Post a Comment