Sunday, October 23, 2016

Early Fall

I had the opportunity to travel for work down to a nice resort on the Chesapeake. Mike did a great job with the boys while I was away!  It was gorgeous on the water and although the weather was less than ideal, I really enjoyed the hour at the end of the day before our work dinners.  I would facetime with the boys outside so they could see it too.  On the right, below, there was a floating pier which I went out on the second day and got completely soaked!!  The waves were crashing on the pier and it was really crazy; wish the kids could have been there, they would've loved it. 

Here are several pictures of Nicholas... he really loves the outdoors. He just wanders and is almost always happen when he's outside. Here, he's picking up sticks like Ruby, again ;)  I also have a bunch of great pictures of these brothers loving each other.  There is plenty of fighting and screaming in this house, but then there are these other moments, some of which I've been able to capture here on camera, where they are just downright adorable.  I can't believe how much they want to entertain each other and console each other.  It's great. 



Here I have a couple pictures of Lukas reading and doing homework.  He is doing excellent in kindergarten.  He is already memorizing about 7 sight words per week.  He seems to be one of the top math students, as evidenced by a computer game they tally up their scores on called firstinmath. He likes it.  He's been "math player of the day" several times already.  And just a few days ago I heard him count (literally from 269 on up) all the way to 500.  His teacher at Conewago Elementary, Mrs. Decker, called the other night to tell us how delightful he is.... she aid he's in the back row (of floor mats) because that's where she puts the independent students. She says he looks like Harry Potter. And she thinks he will be out of level 1 books very quickly. He seems to love school and never fights to do his homework!



Pumpkins, round 1:




the explorer






Rolling over!!!
  "HUGS"





No comments:

Post a Comment