I'm too busy to blog... Just a few too many balls in the air right now. But as I look at the literally dozens of books Nicholas has taken off the shelf today (and it's only noon), I realized I don't want to forget to record his incredible love of books. Lukas likes to read, always has - about 3-5 books a day. There was a stint when he was about 3 that I think he realized he could stay up later if he asked for more books at bedtime. Luke likes books. Nick actually doesn't get bedtime stories because he's too much of a handful at that time of day (he's too busy trying to fish in the fish tank, etc) But during the day, Nick, he cannot get enough of reading. Without exaggerating, he wants us to read a few dozen books a day, or a few books a few dozen times a day. It's been going on like this for a few months now.
Sometimes he sits and flips through himself making noises, and declaring "end" when he gets to the last page. When I'm feeding Jacob he brings books and flips pages and doesn't mind if the story goes out of order.
He has some memorized, there's about 3 with animals (i.e. Brown Bear) or animal sounds where he can tell you every animal or animal sound on each page. (Ducks/Quack has been his favorite for a while now.) If you ask for a specific book, he can correctly get it off the shelf. He's also naming books: "down" is Room on the Broom, "ho ho ho" is Pritates go to School. And he quotes a line or two in a few other books, "beep beep beep," "kiya," and "got you," among others.
I hope it continues! His own spoken language is slowly developing, but we are expecting to see it explode shortly as he hears so many words each day through stories!!

No comments:
Post a Comment