Lukas was awesomely hilarious while dyeing eggs this year. We had so much fun, it was really a joy and went quite well. These are the type of things I really enjoy doing as a parent, and I'm glad he's old enough now to really participate. I loved it as much as he did! So right away when I got out the dozen eggs that had been hard boiled the night before, and started telling him what we were going to do, he said "that duck didn't hatch". I thought to myself immediately, I better get out a pen and pad because this kid is going to say some funny stuff that I don't want to forget. So I did, and he did. I've been saying a lot lately that I wish I had a transcript or recorder because when I try to tell the stories when Mike gets home the just don't sound the same. It started a few months ago with, "we better hide under the dinning room table so the big bad wolf won't get us" to now "I just give you hand with that Mommy," "to make you feel better," "I don't see a big red barn anywhere. Where are you brown cows?"... he really does crack me up.
| he's a heavy pour |
| 1 of the many "ta-da"'s of the day! |
| Mommy is saying "gentle" here |
| Splash! (that wasn't very gentle) |
| Oh this is even cooler than he thought it would be! |
| Quick Learner. |
| Love this pic. The Look of Mischief. |
LFP: "There's something in there"
Mommy: "What do you think was in there?"
LFP: "A birdie in a nest with a mother and father"
Second time around, Same question
LFP: "Maybe a reese cup"
So, this all happened on Holy Thursday. Then, on Good friday, we celebrated with Matt and Jennie for their Rehearsal Brunch. Holy Saturday was the beautiful vows! It was a great time and hundreds of beautiful pictures were taken -- by the photographer. I left my camera in my purse and tried to just enjoy the special event! Will hopefully do a blog post with photos as soon as I have access to them. So, sorry no sneak preview here. And then, Easter Sunday was also very nice, church at Calvary and then dinner at Barb's. But, we were all pretty tired out by then and actually didn't get any pictures at all.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment