THANK YOU JENNA :) !
Michael, MaryEllen, Lukas, Nicholas, Jacob, Jayden, Luna and Bailey We know we were made for so much more than ordinary lives, Its time for us to more than just survive, We were made to thrive... Joy unspeakable, faith unsinkable, Love unstoppable, anything is possible! ("Thrive," Casting Crowns)
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Sprinkler Christmas Present - finally in use!
So this week I'm working 3p-12mn and Jess is working her usual days (7a-6p). Once I wake up around 9am, we hang out with the Rugrat together for a while, which is nice for a change. As usual, this kid wants to go outside early in the am. And for a pleasant change, it was pretty hot outside already. After we drew circles and wrote LUKAS on the driveway, Aunt Jessie was mentioning how she wished we had a pool (note to self: buy a kiddie pool next time you are out.) And that reminded me of our fancy sprinkler which hasn't been used yet! Mike's cousin Jenna got us this adorable octupus sprinkler for Christmas last year and we hadn't used it yet :) So, we got it out and had a blast. He just loves water, so this was pretty fun for us all.
Oh, and P.S., on an unrelated topic: For those of you who might've been wondering - Mike actually came up with the name of our blog - The Mellen Patch. We agreed it was a cute play on words with the whole love of gardening thing, and hoping for lots of babies thing. We actually came up with the name of the blog and started it almost a year ago... shortly after Joe and Catherine did their blogs. I had made a post and then never shared it with anyone and have been meaning to post more ever since. I'm glad I finally got it going and hope I can keep it up. And for those of you who dont know, Mellen is one of my many nick-names. A girl in high school used to call me it, and I hated it. So, when we were walking out of class the first day of med school, my now best friend from med school asked, so MaryEllen, what do you like to be called. I went through all the typical nick names I've had - "M triple E", Mini-me, Mary, M-e-e-e-e-e-e-e, Mar. And then I reported that "the only nick name I ever didn't like was Mellen". Biggest mistake ever ;)... It stuck. No one at LECOM for two years ever knew my real name. In fact, they started calling me Mel for short and then people who didnt know me as well would ask if my real name was Melanie or Melissa. Funny story thanks to Victor Cherfan. Anyways, I really don't hate the name anymore, it's come to be a term of endearment that mostly only he and Allie call me. But, I still like it, and so does Mike I guess. So anyways, thats the story behind the name of the blog. And, hopefully one of these days we'll have a full 'patch' of children. Until then though, Lukas certainly provides enough joy and laughter to fill our lives!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You can't help but smile when you see these pictures. I can almost hear Lukas squeeling with fun and laughter as he runs through the water! What joy :)
ReplyDeleteYep you are so right about that squeal ;)! He's so awesome. I took him to the creek by the star barn today and let him dangle his feet in.... that was pretty cute too!
Delete