Thursday, May 10, 2012

Farmer Luke

Growing up on a farm was one of the most valuable things to me.  And it's funny how  you start to realize that sort of thing a lot more once you have kids of your own.  I guess I knew it before, but now, trying to raise Luke as best as we can, we are remembering those values that were most influential on us and our development.  And of course we have all these hopes and dreams for the kid already.  Mike is much better than I at letting him just be a kid.  He's also better at letting him find his own future.  I, however, want to plan it all out for him.  I think he should be an organic farmer when he grows up!  I figure it's the wave of the future.  So anyways, my little Luke Frank was around for the two previous seasons of planting here on Timber Lane.  The first of which, he was in my belly of course but still.  So anyways, today I was teaching him the difference between the plants and here he is correctly identifying Zucchini!
 Gotta Love Ruby Roo! :)  Dropping the ball in the garden hoping I will throw so she can fetch some more!
Below, Lukas is checking out the strawberry crop.  It's up close to the house, not in the fenced in garden.  So, this is the time of year I hate bunnies.  About six red ones, every single one with a bite out of it --- grrrrrr!!!!



 Saying "NOOOO- not the green ones" didnt seem to have any affect....

Wonder why ;)

Guess we gotta try harder with learning our colors!!
Love these two, with their tongues hanging out!

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are great! You really captured something special. Love the picture with their tongues hanging out.

    ReplyDelete