Monday, May 15, 2023

Mother’s Day

I had a wonderful Mother’s Day this year!! It started off with some super delicious breakfast cooked outside with all my favorites. I received a host of sweet cards from the kids and Mike too. AND… we got kayaks!! Woohoo! So excited to get out and use them! Then, we headed to church. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1S4W6KWL0VeU-zBeB3tMv5XuFN8Fywucfhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=14_1D_iyIjZR-YQThKDIVcBFm9Oq0Oq6Chttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=12DakQnQWbYmQi16344NjJwdTNknePk9ehttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-R9yFok6EiRWdyuDGb6KY-Y10vcBKVIyhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1PkgwPYzwjOUQzIXCcgxBohQzma5Oxw0X

Miss Vicky, the pastors wife preached on King Josiah from the Old Testament, and she asked if anyone was 8, because apparently that’s when his reign began. So Nicks arm flew up!! Pastor Charlie knows he can always count on my kids, especially Nick, to shout answers participate in the children’s sermon. (Charlie has interpreted this and says Nick is going to be a pastor when he grows up!?!?) 

So anyways, the kids always draw during church. So that gave Nick just the idea for his daily work. On the picture below, he drew himself as king, or boss. In his kingdom he apparently invented a money machine as well as something that makes there be no more adhd. 💕

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1LEiGUK3f5xRwdv0Wc1Hzlvhx-vB0LX15
Then we spent the afternoon at lacrosse and Jacob’s race. Exhausted and hungry, we ended our day at Mangia Mangia, which was honestly a little too much for this crew to handle. But we made it through and came home to veg out on some Lemony Snicket’s. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1mGqdE_AQab2oOId9L_yEySOJSBlEFZlO
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=17QphFqUEBJstfjgFS74yy2iny03gxRGjhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=13GfY1dhGEGPP8uEZnD_W7ka3WBPpRPm6https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=14uCg0UJS_uOzWmGMIGez6S05fpxJl-dt

All in all, one great day. Where I was reminded of my value in our family and this important work of raising young men. Like most days, it was tiring but sweet and meaningful. I know they’re thankful for me, and I wonder if they’ll ever truly know how very thankful I am for them. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=11mIznY7sLZWTNlMnyVLBgUWf7LmYY_UW

No comments:

Post a Comment