No doubt about it - this was my best mother's day yet. I'm sure it was a confluence of factors but most notably, all of the kids are now able to show appreciation in ways that have never before been possible. Lukas was especially thoughtful and it was obviously on his mind throughout the day, that it was Mother's day and this prompted him to be more helpful more readily than usual! Starting last night, when he set his alarm clock for 6:50am so that he would be sure to be awake before me and then he told me that I was not allowed to get up before 7. Then he got up with his alarm and made me some tea and brought it to me while I got ready. When I came down, Mike had Troeg's cinnamon rolls ready for breakfast! The boys had each made cards for me and they got me house-made salted caramels- mmmm delic!! Then we watched church, led our Sunday School Connections group and then headed out to the garden. Thankfully, it warmed up considerably after yesterdays snow flurries!!! It was about 60 and sunny with a strong breeze all day. I filled all the planters around the house and even enhanced the tobacco planter decoration near the patio by turning it into an herb garden, which looks awesome. We had already prepped the garden by adding a few tons of topsoil, tilling and having a bonfire on it earlier this spring, but Mike tilled it once more, and then we got to work planting. We still have a few things to get but it's looking good. This year, I just bought all plants and didn't germinate anything thanks to the increased stress and decreased free time thanks to COVID. When we came in, we had our second meal from Troeg's - crab cake sandwiches! After dinner Mike asked for someone to clear my plate and Lukas jumped up quickly, saying, "I will!" After dinner, they had a mario battle while I walked the dogs and started this blog. All in all, a perfect day.
The Cards: Mike said he helped the little guys by writing what they wanted to say on a different sheet of paper but then they had to write it themselves on the cards. Each one chose the rest of the contents on their own. Jacobs has a scoopy truck on the front and in the inside, with a construction man and then a message "I love you Mom," while Nick's has Luigi on the front saying "Wee-hoo" and on the inside saying, "I love you for letting me play video games," and Lukas' card says, "Dear Mom, you are the best Mom I could ever imagine having. When I feel sad, you cheer me up, when I need help, you are there and willing to help me. Again, you are the best mom in the world and I could not imagine life without you. I love you!" To that, all I can say is - right back at ya buddy.
Many thanks to Mike, as usual, for making it all possible. Cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment