Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Jacob Louis

On the morning of Jacob's birth, Mike and I got up early and headed into the Hershey Medical Center.  We had our bags packed and felt very ready - it was a unique experience!  Things went along just as planned in the "pre-op" phase.  The C-section itself was quick and easy.  As usual, we were thankful for Dr. Repke's expertise and kindness.   

When Jacob exited the womb, he let us know with loud and continuous cries.  At that moment, Mike and I just started crying.  It was a heavy cry of relief for me.  I was so very happy to hear those cries from our third baby!!!  The Anesthesiologist held my hand while Mike stepped away to trim the cord and meet our boy.  It was incredible.  We were truly overjoyed!  

Jacob Louis Pfeiffer was born at 8:08am on Tuesday, June 14th, weighing 7 pounds and measuring 19.5 inches long.  

So here is the photo diary... I'll start with pics from Mike's phone in the OR.  Then we head back to our room on the Maternity ward where Mike and I had some intimate time with the newest member of our family.  Later, Jacob got to meet his big brothers, who were thrilled!  Both big brothers showed more restraint and calm than we expected, both were well behaved and doting, right from the start.  

Our hearts are overflowing!! 





















No comments:

Post a Comment