The weekend of January 20, 2016 brought the biggest snowfall in 24 hours ever recorded in Harrisburg, PA. The picture above is from 0600 Saturday morning, only about 12 hours into the snowfall. It was well predicted so there was ample time to prepare but it was still buckets and buckets of snow. Thankfully, Mike did all the plowing, shoveling, snowblowing, for our driveway and helped several neighbors clear theirs. The kids went out a little on the first day, but then quite a bit more the second day. It was easier the second day, once the wind died down and the driveway was clear. It was about 30 inches so that's pretty deep for a 5 year old, and darn near impossible for a not-quite-14 month old. It was beautiful, at first. And the kids got off school Monday and Tuesday, so Lukas had plenty of neighborhood playmates. Mike and I were thankful that we didn't have to work the weekend, since most of our partners who worked Friday night, didn't return to their homes until Sunday or Monday evening. We (especially me) got to stay nice and warm!
Here, I thought it was pretty amusing how the snow collected on Nick's eyelashes. I've never had that problem before!! And below, I just can't get enough of that face. Can you see why!!??!
Lukas, "Mom there's no time for pictures, I gotta get back to work," while he was shoveling the driveway with Daddy!
It's hard to see them, but Lukas is standing and Mike is kneeling in the middle of the yard, in this picture (above) in front of the tree. I'm in the warmth of my lovely home taking the picture ;)
Here he is working hard, yet again:
Now this is day 2, where he looks considerably happier, thanks to the absence of wind!
















No comments:
Post a Comment