Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Star of the week

So at DP the kids all get to be a star of the week this spring. This week is Luke's week!! They give him these papers to fill out basically however they want. We have done a page a week or so for the past few weeks and Lukas has been excited, but nervous to the the star.  

So here is his poster! He drew the pics of himself and Nick (written by neighbor Emma) over his friends house and I thought they were so great I saved them for this.  He cut out the family photos on his own, although I did the taping/stapling/gluing. "I'm really good at gymnastics" shows him doing a cartwheel or head stand, both of which he does attempt regularly on Thursday mornings! Him and Aunt Jess made that one.  They also did the "I want to visit Hershey park" and he drew a picture of the scrambler! Jess got a pic from google for him to work off of and helped tell him what shapes to draw. The bottom right is a sticker page of his "favorite things." And there's a glitter "Chase" (from the Rescue Bots) on the blue construction paper. On the day we did the "I want to be" page, he said he wanted to be a doctor like me and daddy and work at the same hospital as us. He has never said he wanted to be a doctor, previous proclamations have included trash truck driver, mailman and teacher.  I am still voting for farmer myself.  At the top he cut letter that I drew on magazine pages from his/daddy's beloved car magazine as he almost cried at first when I suggested we cut them up! Hehe. 
 
Below you can see Mrs Neuin and his classmates asking him questions about his board and other questions about himself.  He answered them all relatively assertively - except "what's your favorite vegetable?" where he just gave a blank stare - and I got to read a story and provide snack.  It was fun! 

 
So we are very proud of our creative star! We hope this is the first of many school projects where his talent truly shines through and we don't help or overshadow too much. I think it's the most obviously independent work of any of his other classmates; just my unbiased ;) opinion!!


No comments:

Post a Comment