Yes he really is cooking donuts over a fryer of hot oil in these pictures - he's a pretty good cook and reasonable listener (most of the time; when it gets him what he wants) so he learned quick with Aunt Jess how to drop them in there slowly. Now, patience is another story ;)
Another attempt to break up the cold weather blues - we headed to the Baltimore Aquarium!
Random and adorable family photo I just found
Construction in the baby's room
This week we also got the carpets cleaned. So to do that, we move most of the small furniture out leaving only the big heavy stuff which they work around. So now, our dining and living room make quite a nice Soccer field. Lukas has loved soccer for a while now - he doesn't have much hand-eye coordination, but his foot-eye coordination is pretty good. He's an excellent slider too. Kicking in the house is definitely safer than throwing, so I am happy to play with him. Of course, I can't wait til we can do this outside. At any rate, he's decided (completely on his own, I absolutely did not suggest this) that he needs "ladies and gentlemen" to be in the stands and cheer for him (notice the animals on the far left in the entryway from the dining room). Every now and then after a particularly good kick, he transforms into announcer mode and says, "Ladies and gentlemen, Lukas is Number 1, Daddy is Number 3" or some other key message like that! It's adorable, as you might imagine. I have several pictures of this but of course they're (almost) all blurry. This one, however, came out just perfect. And I am not exaggerating one bit with the quote on the picture, "You need to focus on what you're doing, put your phone down, Mommy." LOL. That kid. Often he'll announce, "that was a bad one by mommy" when I don't kick so good! Gotta love both his energy and his imagination. [Not sure when we'll move the furniture back!]
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment