Our family recently turned a medical conference into family fun in California!
First, we flew to LAX
After 4 flights with a toddler, all I can say is I'm so thankful for the way this kid travels. He was fabulous. Didn't cry or complain once. I'd say he traveled better than most of the adults on these flights! So Thankful!!
After 4 flights with a toddler, all I can say is I'm so thankful for the way this kid travels. He was fabulous. Didn't cry or complain once. I'd say he traveled better than most of the adults on these flights! So Thankful!!
The next day we met Christina and Abigail at Disneyland!!
| Daddy's first time at Disney too :) |
| these second cousins got along great! |
| Miss and love you, Chris! |
Similar in so many ways, Abi and Luke could not sit or stand still!
The next day, we stopped off at ANLC for a visit since it is ironically only 20 miles from our hotel! And then we drove out to Indian Wells, which is near Palm Springs.
The only bad thing about this trip was that when a toddler's internal clock says get up at 6am, it doesn't care what time zone he's in... and so, for the first two days, Lukas got up at 330 (630 Eastern), then 5am for the next 4 days, and then on the day we left, he woke up at 6. It worked out though, since this gave Mommy a good excuse to go to sleep every night at 9pm!!
On the way out there we were amazed by the Windmills! Apparently, Southern CA has the biggest windmill farm in the country, and I think it's the second largest in the world. I was in awe!
Funny quotes by LFP on this trip:
Lets run around and have naked time?! Can I jump on the bed for naked time?!
This one is not new but funny nonetheless:
Mommy, can you be a tickle monster while Daddy tries to save me?
This one is not new but funny nonetheless:
Mommy, can you be a tickle monster while Daddy tries to save me?
It's hard to get a bad picture with this view!
So our first night in Indian Wells there was a reception for the conference which we attended. 2 years ago they had a Longhorn when we went to SanAntonio. This one was far less fun and showered w rain, so we took to people watching which was funny... Ask us sometime about buttered noodles. And remember to never wear your backless dress twice on the same trip 😜!!
Anyways, as per usual, Lukas was a cutie:

This was a really neat train set up, that spanned quite a large area and had amazing detail!
Wish Grandpa Pfeiffer was here to see this!
The Giraffe feeding was awesome!!
| always finding a way to tow something :)! |
The Living Dessert - the coolest zoo we've ever been too!
This was a really neat train set up, that spanned quite a large area and had amazing detail!
Wish Grandpa Pfeiffer was here to see this!
The Giraffe feeding was awesome!!
| This is not zoomed in! |
| Endangered animal carousel |
Hotel Silliness ;)
The pool:
In summary, after several weeks of long hours at work, this was just the R&R that we needed for the three of us! It was a wonderful rejuvenation.

It looks like an awesome time! Thanks for sharing! XOXOXO
ReplyDeleteGreat photos and wonderful to see you all and that little cutie is even cuter in person! I can't wait until the next time. Love you guys! XOXO Chris.
ReplyDelete