Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Quotables

I'd venture to say we've gone through the "language explosion" about 6 months ago now, according to what I've read about this phenomena.  However, the Explosion continues.  I've been saying for weeks now, that Lukas speaks in "paragraphs"; forget sentences.  And just over the last couple of weeks his shyness has nearly completely gone away!  Now, as we attempt to leave for work in the morning, he's got a laundry list of advice for us ("don't hit daddy's corvette, watch out for dog poop, don't forget your lunch today mommy") and we can't get out the door!  Even on our recent bike rides, he's been stopping to talk to just about everyone we pass, telling them where we're going, why, and how the weather looks.  It's adorable and hilarious...


...only occasionally embarrasing.  Like last night when over dinner, Mike was asking Lukas about our day and what we did after we left the museum and he promptly said:
"The green light ran out on Mommy and she kept driving"


several times on that same ride home:
"Darnit. Darnit."
"I don't know where the key to the museum is"
(It was closed on Mondays, I didn't realize that.)


on almost every single drive these days (he's been doing this for several weeks now):
"The light is red Mommy, you can't go!  Green means Go, Red means stop"
Mom: "No it turned green when you weren't looking"
LFP: "No it did not."...  "Do you know what blue means? Blue means cold!"

Another embarassing traffic incident:  We were driving onto the turnpike when I pulled into an Ez-pass lane behind someone who didn't have an Ez-pass and:
-- Mom: "Ugh you stupid idiot, what are you doing!?"
-- LFP a few seconds later:  "Why are you yelling at me Mommy?"
-- Mom: "Oh buddy I am so sorry.  I made a mistake and was yelling at that other car, but that was mean and I shouldn't have done it.  I'm sorry.  I wasn't yelling at you."
-- Then when we reach the next toll booth and drive through succesfully, LFP: "See Mommy and you didnt even have to yell at anybody."

LFP: "I'm going to throw you under a bus" (he's using this as a literal threat and knows it's funny for some reason he doesn't quite understand)  -- He's said this one 4 times to me already just today.  This one is courtesy of Mike.... he and I were talking over dinner one night and I threw out a questionable idea and Mike said he'd 'throw me under the bus' if I did it.  Immediately, Lukas said "Daddy, why would you throw Mommy under the bus?", we all laughed, and now, this has spawned.


"Fe fi fo fum, I like to eat children" in his lowest scariest voice!

"You look really nice in that shirt"

After teaching him his last name is Pfeiffer, he asked me what my last name was, then what Daddy's was and then declared "I am Lukas Pfeiffer, mommy is Mommy Pfeiffer, daddy is Daddy Pfeiffer and Ruby is Ruby Pfeiffer, we are all Pfeiffers in our home"

"Maybe this will make you feel better --"  insert soft blanket, pretend food, pretend presents here.

Ok, I think that's all of the cutest ones I can think of for now.
Hope we brought some laughter to your day,
Like Lukas always does ours.
Love and Hugs!




No comments:

Post a Comment