So, you may know that we are working on our basement... When we bought this place it had a "finished" basement. Trouble is, it wasn't finished the way we'd like. Mike still has bigger and better plans for the very long run, but for now, we wanted to make it a more inviting play room. First, of course, it needed to be safer - so Mike made railings for the stairs!! Second, how about a colorful kid environment?? So, I made a proposal - cost effective and fantastic, and it was accepted: Use up all the leftover paint from the rest of the house by painting each wall in the basement playroom a different color... Well, it isn't finished, but this is probably one of the more fun projects Mike and I have done together in quite some time. As is typical with things relating to Luke, I'm not sure who's more proud. Anyways, if you want to see the finished product, I guess you're gonna have to come over, but here's a sneak peek...!!!
So, Left is the Before shot-- Funky carpet full of dog hair and no railings.
Death trap, as I liked to call it.
And Right is After the amazing remodel courtesy of my husband! Note, the nonskid pads, railings and lack of carpet. We love it.
The gray will be painted tomorrow also, just fyi :)
And... here comes the paint...
And, dont forget about the Chalkboard - Luke is gonna love it
No comments:
Post a Comment